Saturday, August 14, 2010

TERM 3 POST 6 HOLY TORCH!


Wednesday morning, massive traffic jam outside hwa chong. It was darn frustrating sitting in your car and watching those "snails" infront of you. I left school at about 6.30, my mother fetched me to school and by right i will not be late. I muttered, 1 demerit point nia, no big deal but in my heart, i did not want ot get the demerit point as it will bring my clean record. At the corner of my eye, i saw a chubby, short figure running at the side of the road. RUIYU! I shrieked and carried my bag and told my mom to stop beside the road. Ruiyu and i then ran to school. When i reached, i realised it is the youth olympic torch thing. I sighed a sigh of relieve as i did not recieve any demerit point as the PE teacher beside the gate did not stop us. We found the class and settled down and later found out that a lot of students arrived quite late. We waited and waited. We listened to Bennet's sick jokes, yuding's insulting phrases, sabastien's love story, kenneth's mugging marathon, Andy 's whoops, my wolfteam skills, garreth's girl friend's nickname, Zheyi's randoming, derrick's niaoing and even mr balan's history analysis. We waited and waited and finally, the torch bearer is here! Everyone started cheering! It is not some well build-up man who ran gloriously with the nice torch but instead an old man who have a silly grin and on his face carrying a lamp! I felt so disappointed. We could have played soccer because the morning perious is PE and i felt that 1 hr 30 minutes are totall wasted as there are nothing but preparation for an old man carrying a lamp? I felt that we are kind of cheated as few people in the class feel very proud of Singpore for hosting the YOG. I personally feels that the YOG is not as important as the Olympic Games, nor as exciting as the fifa world cup thus not so enthusiastic about it. But one thing i am sure it helped, it saved me from 1 DEMERIT POINT! xD

1 Comments:

Blogger Han said...

Xuyang here. Well, I feel that you should not be so doubtful of the sceptical about the popularity of the Youth Olympics. If you were a YOG torch bearer, you would have thought otherwise about the YOG movement, although I admit that that day was quite a let down. When I was a torch bearing on the 10 August, I saw many people who even took the trouble to come down from their houses even it was raining and cheered us on. They were cheering for us in the rain with umbrellas. Even if they could not wave back, a lady even shook her umbrella to show her support for us! There were a few classes of Kindergarten kids wearing a poncho each and they stood there cheering for us. There were also a lion dance performance just for us! There were many secondary school students cheering for us, like the Holy Innocents', they had the school band playing for us. The best is that the SJC girls who screamed till their screams were able to be heard clearly by us in the bus! So, I totally disagree with you that the YOG is less important than the normal Olympics held. However, I do agree with you that the torch bearing held in our school is a total let down.

Keep it up!
Xuyang.

August 20, 2010 at 6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Don't click here!